Why Brands need to be on Social Media
When you have a limited marketing budget, it’s important that you spend it wisely to get the most for your money.
Most small businesses are careful about what type of marketing strategies they should invest in. When you have a limited marketing budget, it’s important that you spend it wisely to get the most for your money. Marketing through social media is one of the most versatile and cost-effective strategies that small businesses can use to reach their target audience and boost sales over time. That’s why 97% of marketers are using social media to reach their audiences.
So what’s so great about Social Media Marketing for your business? Here’s 15 reasons why marketing through social media should be a crucial must for your business.
- Your customers are on social media.
- One of the best reasons for your business to be marketing through social media is that your customers are spending time on these channels. According to a study by Statista, above 70% of the U.S. and U.K. population have at least one social media profile. And by 2021, the number of worldwide social media users is expected to reach about 3.1 billion people. With so many consumers using social media every day, this presents a great opportunity for small businesses who want to reach their online audience.
- 59% of people access social media every day or most days. And over a third check social media over five times a day.
- Not only are your customers on social media, but there’s a good chance that many of them are checking these sites every day.
- Connecting with your target audience can be easy if you are targeting the right audiences with content on your social channels you use often. If you aren’t already on social media, you could be missing out on an important chance to connect with customers and engage new leads.
- Consumers will be more receptive to your messages when marketing through social media.
- Users are active on social media platforms because these channels offer a fun and easy way to network, keep in touch with friends and family, and stay connected with what’s going on in the world. Typically, users are not on these channels with the expectation that they are going to be marketed to.
- According to MarketingSperpa, 50% of online adults ages 18 to 34 are likely to follow a brand on social media. However, when users follow brands and engage with their social media profiles, it is because they find the content and information in these social media campaigns valuable. Whether they are looking for deals, enjoy entertaining content, or just want to learn more about the brand, social media users are open to engaging with brands on social media channels.
- Marketing through social media can help increase brand recognition
- Another benefit of marketing through social media is that it helps you improve visibility, and thus increase recognition for your brand. Your business social media profiles present new opportunities to share your content and really present your brand’s voice and personality. By posting compelling content that adds value for your target audience, you are making your brand both more accessible and familiar for new leads and current customers.
- For example: let’s say that a new lead stumbles upon your brand on social media. They may not have heard of your company before, but through your social media content, they are able to learn more about your brand and the value that you provide. This same situation can apply to your current customers. After seeing your social media content on multiple networks, existing customers are able to become better acquainted with your business, which may increase their interest in a repeat purchase.
- Marketing through social media increases your inbound traffic
- Your social media profiles provide yet another way to get more inbound traffic to your website. This makes marketing through social media an excellent strategy to complement your search engine optimization efforts. Each piece of content that you post on social media is another opportunity to bring new visitors to your site or store. Once the visitor gets to your website, you have the opportunity to convert.
- In order to get the most inbound traffic possible, it’s important that you consistently publish ontent that is engaging and adds value for your target audience. The more quality content that you post on social media channels, the more opportunities you will have to engage new leads and direct them back to your website.
- Different social media channels help you reach specific audiences.
- Another benefit of social media marketing is that you are able to strategically target different audiences based on channels that your brand is active on. Rather than just putting your marketing message out there for everyone to see, you can reach your target market and work to drive more qualified leads back to your site.
- Social Media advertising allows you to target and retarget ideal consumers.
- At HYNKYN we provide a retargeting and target advertising service which does require a bit of an upfront investment, but social ads can do a lot to complement the organic campaigns that you are currently running on your social media channels. With sophisticated targeting capabilities, social media platforms like Facebook help you target your ideal buyers, which allows you to drive more relevant traffic to your site. This is the best way to get the most out of your marketing spend.
- Marketing through Social Media is cost effective.
- One of the greatest benefits of marketing through social media is that it helps you cut marketing costs without sacrificing results. Most of your social media results will come from investing time in creating and publishing content as well as having conversations with your fans and followers. The CPM (cost per thousand impressions) can be as low as £2.00. This is 3x less expensive than advertising through traditional media.
- Social Media Marketing may help improve your search engine rankings
- There’s a good chance that you’re already focussed on improving your search engine optimization. But did you know tht search engines may be using your social media presence as a factor in their rankings? Successful brands tend to have a healthy social media presence, so a strong social media presence may act as a signal to search engines that your brand is valuable, credible and trustworthy. Though the ranking factors are always changing, it’s a safe bet that active social media channels will end up helping you in the end.
- Not only could your social media presence impact your search engine rankings, but it’s important to note that your social media profiles will most likely show up on the first page of Google when consumers are looking for your brand. If the consumer clicks on your social profiles and finds that they are outdated or unengaging, they may decide to take their business elsewhere. That’s why it’s important to not only consistently publish compelling content on your social media channels, but also check your profile information periodically and make changes and updates as needed.
- Your competition is likely on social media.
- No matter what industry you are in or who your target market is, there is a good chance that your competitors are already present and involved on social media channels. This not only suggests that there is opportunity for your brand to do very well on these channels, but it means that some of your potential customers may already be talking with your competition as we speak.
- If you want to remain competitive in the digital marketplace, it’s vital that you start working toward building a presence on social media. Social media content allows you to not only show a little bit of brand personality, but it also presents an effective outlet for demonstrating your industry expertise and knowledge. This is one of the best ways to set yourself apart from the competition and bring in more customers.
- Marketing on social media leads to higher conversion rates.
- According to HubSpot, social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing tactics. That could be because every post you make and each interaction you have on social media channels is an opportunity to convert an interested lead into a happy customer.
- The most significant element of social media that results in more conversions is the ability to bring a more human component to your brand messaging. Since social media is a place for consumers to socialize and networks, brands now show the human side of their brand through light, often conversational content that allows each company to show their personality, humor and, warmth.
- Social Media Marketing helps improve brand loyalty.
- While larger companies can afford to build big and expensive customer loyalty programs, small businesses have to rely on other, more affordable methods for building brand loyalty. Social media is an effective way to build relationships with leads and customers that lead to greater satisfaction and loyalty over time.
- Engaging with your customers and leads on social media helps build stronger customer relationships. This can set you apart from your competition by showing your audience how your brand is different and reinforcing that your business cares about its customers. By engaging with your audience through valuable, compelling content and conversation, you can work to turn happy customers into brand ambassadors.
- Consumers are looking for recommendations on social media
- Word-of-mouth marketing is one of the most powerful tools that any company has in their marketing toolbox. Not only is it free, but it goes a long way in helping you build trust with new leads. In many ways, social media has become the new outlet for word-of-mouth marketing. Now more than ever, brands are encouraging their customers to leave reviews on their social media profiles, recommend their brand to friends and family on social, or provide testimonials.
- Social Media helps connect your brand with customers you didn’t know existed.
- One way you can find new customers and market opportunities on your social channels is through social listening. By following certain keywords and checking out trending topics in your industry, you can see who is taking part in the conversation. This can provide your business with a wealth of new opportunities while also introducing you to industry influencers who you may be able to partner with to boost visability.
- Marketing through Social Media can help you improve brand authority.
- Marketing through social media helps you build authority for your brand. This is an important part of effectively positioning your business as a leader in the marketplace. The more valable content you are sharing on social media, the more opportunities you have to demonstrate your expertise to leads and customers.
- When others share your content with their fans and followers or mention your brand in their posts, this helps build your brand authority even further. The more that social media users talk about your brand, the more valable your brand will seem to others. This will inspire new audience members to see what your business is all about and even follow your company for updates and insights.
- Social media marketing gives you opportunity to gain new customer insights.
- Social Media Marketing gives you the valuable opportunity to gain new insights into your customers. By interacting with leads and current customers on social media, you are able to see what your customers are interested in and what drives them.
- Social media also allows you to better understand what your customers’ online behaviors look like. For example, you might use the analytics platform on Facebook to see which types of content are most popular within your target market. You can also measure your conversions for posts and ads across channels to see which campaigns are working well and which need a little more work.
Are you not getting the results you had hoped for with your social media marketing? Let our experts help you with marketing through social media. Our team knows just what it takes to help build and maintain a thriving social media audience for your business. For more information, check out our services or contact us to schedule a call to discuss our services.